Sunday, May 8, 2016

PTI MIM #247: Watercolored Card Set

Melissa shared with us her beautiful set of three joyful cards using watercolor sheets from PTI. She showed us how she works her magic with color, mixing, blending and a water brush. You can see her video on Nichole's blog. Here's my set of two cards:





Both cards are pretty self-explanatory, including watercoloring, ink blending, splatters and sequins. 





Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Bold Blossoms Watercolor Sheet, Winter Wisteria and Smokey Shadow Bitty Dot
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black and Winter Wisteria
Stamps: Scribbled Sentiments
Dies: None
Other: (stash) Water Brush, Zig Clean Color Real Brushes, SU Dimensionals and Sequins


* * *




Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Bold Blossoms Watercolor Sheet, Bright Buttercup and New Leaf Bitty Dot
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, New Leaf, Bright Buttercup and Orange Zest
Stamps: Scribbled Sentiments
Dies: Edger #3
Other: (stash) Water Brush, Zig Clean Color Real Brushes, SU Dimensionals and Sequins


Hope all the women out there had a Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for any comments left on my blog. I apologize for not getting around to commenting on yours yet. My DH and I have been working on replacing steps to our deck, and yes, he's still recovering from his shoulder surgery just 10 weeks ago. Have a fabulous week!


15 comments:

Joyce said...

These are both so pretty. Love your water coloring.

Greta said...

Beautiful cards--love the design of each one! Think I may need to buy the bold blossom sheets as I loved using the ones given to me.

paperkicks said...

Love your watercoloring and the cut-outs on the panels make two gorgeous cards!! Awesome!

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy, these are beautiful watercolored cards! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!?! Also, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :) !!!

Betty said...

both lovely cards Kathy - like the interest you gave the cards with pp - and that Concord & 9th script set is so easy to use - i use it all the time - they have a great video showing how to use it.

lainey said...

Kathy, these are lovely - I especially like the second color combination. I still haven't tried my Bright Buttercup ink yet!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful cards Kathy and congratulations on winning!! :0)

A Cup of Cold Water said...

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on winning last weeks contest!
Your cards are amazing. You did a fabulous job of water coloring. You added just the right amount of splatters!
LOVELY cards!

Greta said...

Congrats on the win--enjoy spending your gc, Kathy!

victoria h said...

beautiful cards and congratulations on your win

Diana K said...

Lucky bum, sneaking in at the last minute like that! :) So pretty, Kathy; you did a beautiful job with the water colouring!

Helen F. said...

Congrats on your win with these beautiful water-colored cards, Kathy!

Patti said...

Wow! Kathy!! congratulations on your win!!!!! I am so excited for you : ) Your cards are over the top beautiful! your coloring is flawless!!

Thank you for the helpful comment on my MIM post! I did get a wonderful response and it just blessed my heart how sweet Blogland is! Thank you again!!

My birthday is June 4th! : ) I LOVE my birthday! LOL

Patti

Sue said...

Yea! Congrats on your win this week. I saw it on Monday, but haven't had a chance to come to look at your cards until today. These are beautiful. Again, congrats!

Marlena M. said...

Congrats on your win~beautiful cards!