Friday, November 8, 2013

PTI Make It Monday #139: Stamped Square Frames

Thank goodness for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenges or I'd never get any cards made. This week Dawn McVey showed us how to use decorative-border stamps to create focal point frames. My options were limited because the only appropriate stamp set in my stash is Boutique Borders: Birthday. The rest of the border sets are still on my wish list. Anyway, I paired that up with Lovely Layers stamps and dies popped up to fill my frame. Since I needed a "thinking of you" card, I felt the sentiment from Stampin' Up's Thoughts & Prayers looked better than any others. I'm sure my sister will appreciate this as she is a cardmaker too.



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Rustic Cream
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip and Groovy Guava
Stamps: Boutique Borders: Birthday, Lovely Layers and SU Thoughts & Prayers
Dies: Lovely Layers
Other: SU Dimensionals

8 comments:

Ted said...

Beautiful card, Kathy! Love the colors. :)

Kathryn A said...

Love your card! I will definitely use this combo of flowers and frames myself, sometime!!

Farley said...

Gorgeous, elegant card.

Kristii said...

Soooo pretty! Love the stamps you used and the colors are fabulous!

A Crafty Person said...

Beautiful card! I love your ink combination, the chocolate accent makes the guava POP.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Beautiful card Kathy!

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. I wish I had thought of using that Lovely Layers flower--it fits perfectly. Your sentiment looks great, and I am envious of you for having a stamping sister!

Danielle Flanders said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for your sweet comments today! I really appreciate it!
Danielle