Sunday, November 3, 2013

PTI MIM #138: Inlaid Die-Cuts (Take 3) Happy Birthday & SSS: Anything Goes

Here's one more attempt at Betsy's inlaid die-cuts technique as demonstrated in a video on Nichole Heady's blog for PTI's Make It Monday challenge. This birthday card was done without using any stamps ~ just die-cuts. And let me just add, that it was very time-consuming finding and adhering those little tiny pieces that matched the background patterned paper. It's my own fault though because I dumped them in my trash because I forgot I needed to keep them. Don't think I'll make that mistake again. Both "Happy" and "Birthday" are inlaid dies in case it's not easy to see in the photo.


I'm also entering this birthday card in the Simon Says Monday Challenge: Anything Goes

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Harvest Gold, White & SU retired DSP
Ink: None
Stamps: None
Dies: Pretty Peonies, Wonderful Words: Birthday & Heart Border
Other: Hawaiian Shores button, Twinery Twine & rhinestones


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

Kathryn A said...

Another bright, cheerful card! Great die cutting! And I know what you mean about keeping those tiny pieces!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love the color combo! Pretty pretty card!

Joyce said...

Great card. I like how you matched the die cuts and papers.

Kara said...

Awesome card! Just wanted to let you know you have won the 12 Kits giveaway! Congratulations! Email me to claim your prize!!:)