Thursday, December 26, 2013

Snowflakes Sparkle ~ PTI's MIM #145: 2013 A la Carte

Since I didn't blog much in December, now I'm trying to get back in the groove and make a few extra holiday cards for people I didn't include in my original Christmas card mailing. It's not too late to send them greetings for the New Year, at least that's my theory. Here's one for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday, where we could choose one of the techniques or challenges from 2013.


The technique I chose was demonstrated by Betsy Veldman here called Inlaid Die-Cuts (MIM #138). So I could inlay my snowflake, I added a second layer of Kraft cardstock over my card base . All wrapped up in white crochet thread I finished this off with a little sprinkling of Silver Perfect Pearls, a stamped sentiment from PTI's In The Meadow using SU's Garden Green ink and a Fancy Flakes die-cut from green glittered paper (Joann's). 

Edited to Add: Also entering this in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge here using anything sparkly such as glitter, gems, stickles, glimmer sprays, paints, etc.

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Kraft and green glittered paper (Joann's) 
Ink: SU Garden Green
Stamps: In The Meadow
Dies: Fancy Flakes
Other: (non-PTI) Silver Perfect Pearls and white crochet thread (Joann's)


2 comments:

Joyce said...

Just beautiful--and a great way to show off that gorgeous snowflake.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card-- love the misting and that gorgeous green snowflake! FAB!!! <3

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog <3 Merry CHRISTmas and Happy NEW Year <3