Saturday, January 25, 2014

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

Oh my, I love pink and so this month's PTI January 2014 Blog Hop was a must on my things-to-do.  Just look at this inspiration collage:
January-Blog-Hop

Besides combining various shades of pink, this month's challenge allowed us the option to use neutrals (such as white, cream, gray, black or kraft). Here's my take for "Pretty in Pink." 


Since I'm not very good at photography, this doesn't show the detail of my hearts very well. I started with white card stock and watercolored three shades of pink before heat embossing the swirls using SU Melon Mambo embossing powder. My sentiment stamped on SU Regal Rose was also heat embossed using white embossing powder and sponged edges using white ink. My SU Red Rose card base has rounded corners and sponged edges also in white ink. The patterned paper from my stash was wrapped three times with white crochet thread tied in a bow before adhering to card base using foam mounting tape. The heart on the left is also "popped" up. I kind of like the results and hope to have more time to play with this challenge before it ends.

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, SU Rose Red and SU Regal Rose
Ink: SU Pretty in Pink, SU Regal Rose and SU Rose Red
Stamps: Boutique Borders: Valentine and SU Polka Dot Punches
Dies: Fabulous Frames
Other: Patterned Paper (stash), SU Heart Punch, SU Melon Mambo Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder (Joann's), white crochet thread (Joann's), foam mounting tape and Corner Rounder



7 comments:

Kristii said...

What a sweet card!! Love those beautiful hearts!!

victoria h said...

pretty card

Crafty Kate said...

Super cute!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I just love how you did those hearts.

Joni Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous take Kathy! Those hearts are so pretty :) Love it!

Unknown said...

What a sweet happy card!! Love the hearts and layout :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the hearts!