Sunday, April 5, 2015

PTI MIM #207: Double Partial Die Cutting

Hope everyone had a fabulous Easter and praying Spring finally arrives as it's been a long winter for lots of people! I've been busy Spring cleaning and sorting through my craft room getting rid of stuff I've been hoarding and know I won't use. It's been stashed too long already…if you know what I mean.

The very talented and funny, Laura, showed us how to step things up a notch using her technique of "double partial" die-cutting. My first two attempts using Soft Stone card stockdid not work, but the third time (using GP white) was a charm after moving my cutting plate further away from my pencil line. Here's her fabulous video for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday so you can see how easy she makes it look. Here's my card:



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Georgia Pacific White, Tropical Teal and Harvest Gold
Ink: New Leaf and Harvest Gold
Stamps: Lovely Layers and Keep It Simple: Thinking of You 
Dies: Lovely Layers, Mat Stack #6 and Sketched Shapes
Other: Button, Twine, Foam Tape, Glue Dot, Simple Stories Paper Pad and SU Spritzer with SU Taken with Teal Marker

2 comments:

Greta said...

3rd time's a charm--worth your efforts for sure!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful, Kathy! I love your choice of dies and the colors! I also love how you inked the inside die only to the line! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, I really appreciate it!