Monday, November 9, 2015

PTI MIM #230: Cover Plate Watercoloring

I know, I know, I can't believe it either. Today is only Monday, and I watched Ashley's video on Nichole's blog for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday. It was all about using a cover plate with watercolors. Well, that was pretty easy since I only own the Hexagon one, but what to do with it was the real challenge at hand. Without any further excuses, here's my card.




I taped my Hexagon Cover Plate mask down pretty well with painter's tape and held it in places while I watercolored some of the hexagons in two colors. Then I misted the card with the mask still in place using Perfect Pearls Mist. Die cut Spruce and Sprigs, stamped with Scarlet Jewel and Ripe Avocado inks, and Peace from Wet Paint Holiday three times for dimension. The white card base was covered with a layer of Spring Rain and the watercolored piece was popped up using foam tape. It's definitely not on the same level as Ashley's, but I completed the challenge the best I could with supplies I had. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, and Spring Rain
Ink: Scarlet Jewel and Ripe Avocado
Stamps: Spruce and Sprigs 
Dies: Spruce and Sprigs, Wet Paint Holiday and Hexagon Cover Plate
Other: Paintbrush, Watercolors & paper, Perfect Pearls Mist, Silver Glitter Paper (Joann), SU Reinkers Bliss Blue & Forest Foliage and Foam Tape


8 comments:

The Paper Toile said...

Pretty! I love that Spruce and Sprigs set...and those Perfect Pearls!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Looks great with perfect pearls! You did great! Love the results!

Jeni Jenne said...

I love the Hexagon Cover Plate. I like how you centered just a small portion on your card. I just might have to pull mine out!

Marybeth said...

Best you could and it looks amazing!!!!!!!! I love this card!

Kathryn A said...

The hexagon background is terrific! Love how the Perfect Pearl mist left other hexagon shapes outside of the painted ones! Love the sprigs, too! Isn't that a great stamp and die set?!

Birgit said...

Kathy, this is gorgeous! I love the shimmer over the card with the perfect pearls. What a great added detail!

Barbara said...

I love this simple card design.

Marcia Hill said...

Kathy, I think this is absolutely beautiful! The soft background and the CAS design make this just perfect...totally love it!! :0)