Thursday, August 25, 2016

Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge

So, here we are on August 25, and it's time for another Blog Hop for Papertrey Ink. You can see all the details here. Once again, we have another fabulous image to encourage us to play along.

photograph from VSCO 


My first thought was to get out my paintbrushes, but instead I pulled out my new Garden Gate stencil and ink blending tool. This is what I came up with blending Melon Berry and Distress Spiced Marmalade. My sentiment is done in Enchanted Evening. I also blended a bit of Enchanted Evening on the Vellum leaves. Added in five sequins for a little bling.






Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments! Can't wait to see what everyone else created this month. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and Enchanted Evening
Ink: Melon Berry, Distress Spiced Marmalade and Enchanted Evening
Stamps: Painted Petals
Dies: Turning A New Leaf and Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
Other: Garden Gate Stencil, Ink Blending Tool, Sizzix Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and Sequins (stash)




12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Julia Aston said...

A lovely stenciled background on this pulling the colors from the inspiration!

Kathryn A said...

Love the stencilled background, and the navy really pops! Beautiful card!

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful background, Kathy! I can see you love those stencils too! Love how you embossed those leaves too!

Marcia Hill said...

Don't you just love that lattice stencil?! Lovely, lovely card Kathy!! :0)

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful! Great take on the challenge! Happy hopping!

lainey said...

That lattice stencil is one of my new favorites and it looks wonderful on your card!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Pretty card. I seriously thought about using Turning a New Leaf as well!
Really pretty!

Kay Miller said...

This is just beautiful! I love the stenciled background and that gorgeous vellum branch! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!!

Helen F. said...

Fabulous card, Kathy. Love your design with that pretty lattice background for those vellum leaves.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the color variation on the stenciled background, Kathy! What a fun, happy card!

Greta said...

Beautiful blending & those leaves are one of my favorites! I read what Nicole wrote when the theme was announced & then forgot it. Maybe next time I'll pay more attention--haha!