Sunday, June 16, 2013

PTI Make It Monday #120: Overlapping Ombre

Yes, I need to make a new resolution. It's past my bedtime and here I am trying to create a card for Make It Monday where Nichole Heady shares a tutorial and challenges us to use overlapping ombre. Since I needed a baby girl card congratulating my DH's nephew & wife on the birth of Sophie last Tuesday, I decided to incorporate the ombre theme on my onesie card. I started by inking the first third using SU Pretty in Pink, second third in SU Regal Rose, and the final third in SU Red Rose to get the ombre effect. My sentiment from Signature Greetings was selectively inked to omit the word "bundle" so I could include "Sophie" using Block Alphabet dies.  Before I die-cut them, I ran my Stamper's Select white cardstock through the Big Shot using Sizzix Swiss Dots embossing folder. Lesson learned once again: die-cut the letters first and then dry emboss. However, I was afraid the letters were too delicate to emboss once I die cut them.


To create my onesie, I started with a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock and folded it in half. Then I used a 1-3/8" punch to cut half a circle for the neckline and again for the leg openings. For the sleeves, I cut in about an inch and then at an angle to the leg opening. These were edged with scalloped circles cut in pieces. To finish off the sleeves, I used a scallop border punch. In lieu of buttons, I added a small, white pearl to the center of each black sequin. For the finishing touch, I sponged the white edges with black ink. 

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Ink: SU Pretty in Pink, SU Regal Rose, SU Rose Red and Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Signature Greetings
Dies: Block Alphabet
Other: Sponges, SU 1-3/8" punch, SU Scallop Circle Punch, SU Scallop Border Punch, black sequins (Neat & Tangled) and SU pearls


1 comment:

Joyce said...

Oh, this is cute. What a sweet idea for a baby card.