Sunday, April 13, 2014

PTI MIM #159: No-Sew Quilted Cards

Sure glad there is a weekly Make It Monday here at PaperTrey Ink so I force myself to squeeze in some time in my stamping room. And yes, once again it is Sunday night, and I'm racing to beat the deadline for the challenge by Dawn McVey. We had such a beautiful weekend here in Western Washington that I felt compelled to do some yard work but would have preferred stamping. No doubt my body will remind me that I put it through torture the past two days. Without further adieu, here's my take on the challenge.



After cutting 1.5" squares of four different patterns, I followed Dawn's lead and left some white space when adhering them to the card base. Then I embossed the card with the Hexagon Cover Plate and finished it off heat embossing silver powder for my sentiment on vellum. The tiny star stickers cover up the vellum tape runner & glossy accents I used for adhering the vellum. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Vellum
Ink: VersaMark
Stamps: Boutique Borders: Thanks
Dies: Hexagon Cover Plate

Other: Martha Stewart Paper Pack, Zing Silver Embossing Powder, Vellum tape runner, Glossy Accents, Silver Star stickers (stash)

No comments: