Sunday, November 9, 2014

PTI MIM #187: Partial Die Cuts for the Holidays

Melissa "wowed" us here with her fun technique of using partial die cuts for a holiday card or project for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday. Of course, her results were fabulous. Had a busy week but decided I'd take a stab at this after watching Melissa's video and thinking about which die to use. So, here is my holiday card:


My card base is SU Basic Gray with a layer of PTI vellum toning it down a bit. After scoring several lines on the vellum to ground my trees, I heat embossed a sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Holiday using VersaMark and PTI's white embossing powder. The three Aqua Mist trees were die cut from PTI's In The Meadow and decorated with garland from Birthday Style in Hawaiian Shores ink. Some silver star stickers from my stash topped each tree, and finished up with red glitter glue for ornaments.  The middle tree is adhered using SU dimensionals for added dimension. 

ETA (edited to add): adding this to the Tree-mendous Tree Challenge in the Moxie Fab World 

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: SU Basic Gray, Aqua Mist and Vellum
Ink: Hawaiian Shores and VersaMark
Stamps: Birthday Style and Stylish Sentiments: Holiday
Dies: In The Meadow
Other: SU Dimensionals and red glitter glue

3 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I love the garland on your trees. In response to your questions on my blog, I got my embossing paste from simon Says Stamp, as I don't think Michael's sells it. Here is a link--http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=131611 and I also got a little kit of plastic tools to spread it. I can't find the set I bought, but here is a link to something that looks like one of the tools in the kit I got. http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=133648

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Fun card, Kathy!