Sunday, November 30, 2014

PTI MIM #190: Stamping A Plaid Background

Yes, another week and another month has passed us by. It's time for another Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge. Ashley created an excellent video tutorial for us to follow her lead. She makes it look so easy. I've never had good luck stamping a second time or stamping off to get a lighter shade of the same ink color. Love the idea but I definitely need more practice. Here's my card:



Taking Ashley's advice I stamped on a larger piece of Stamper's Select White card stock than I actually needed for my card design. Now I have another piece the same size to create another card later. Using Basic Backgrounds: Super Stripes, I used Canyon Clay and Ripe Avocado inks for my plaid background.

Die cut the word "thanks" using Wet Paint Cuts Dies and SU Always Artichoke card stock. You might be able to see better in the photo below that I raised the plaid panel and the "thanks" using foam mounting tape. I also scored a line above and below the panel but it doesn't show in either photo. To finish my card, I stamped "for everything" in Ripe Avocado ink on the white card base.


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and SU Always Artichoke
Ink: Ripe Avocado
Stamps: Wet Paint
Dies: Wet Paint Cuts
Other: Foam Mounting Tape and MS Scoreboard

6 comments:

Joy2Scrapbook said...

Very Nice! I love your design!

Helen F. said...

Your thanks you card is so pretty, Kathy. Love these colors together too!
I need to move the "Wet Paint" stamps and dies up on my Wish List~they really are the perfect focal point as a sentiment.

Kathryn A said...

Gorgeous! Love the CAS simplicity, and your plaid is beautifully stamped!

Joyce said...

This is fabulous. I love your fall color scheme and your plaid is perfect. Looks great with the die cut word, too.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous. And the colors are fab. You've done an excellent plaid.

Greta said...

I love the look of your plaid--great card!