Wednesday, May 6, 2015

PTI May Color Play Challenge

Lizzie shared here her beautiful color palette chosen for this month's Color Play. This image tells me Summer is just around the corner, and I sure hope so.


This is my first time playing along with Lizzie's challenge. Doesn't that pitcher of water look heavenly? As you'll see in my card, I had to substitute for Limeade Ice and Orange Zest. Besides the great color combo, I was inspired by Maile Belles Feather Friends Forever card. 


When I started stamping my background, I didn't intend to cut it with my Tipped Tops Dies. Then I thought I'd give it a try. It was a bit more challenging that I anticipated, but then Maile makes everything look so easy. Here's my Thinking of You card. 



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and SU Pumpkin Pie (for Orange Zest)
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay (for Orange Zest), Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf (and also stamped off for Limeade Ice)
Stamps: Natural Beauties and Keep It Simple: Thinking of You
Dies: Tipped Tops
Other: Scotch Foam Tape


2 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous. Great use of those colors, and I had totally forgotten about those flowers--thanks for inspiring me to dig them out. I looked up that book you mentioned in your last comment to me, and it sounds amazing, and just what I need. Apparently, it is what everyone needs, as I am now #205 on the wait list for it from the library.

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, Kathy, well done!! Your card is so very pretty and so perfect to reflect all the colors of summer! And here I sit with the angled dies unused - you inspire me!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me some love! I hope you'll visit again and join as a follower, if you like. Hugs, Darnell