Thursday, June 25, 2015

Papertrey June 2015 Blog Hop Challenge

Well, another month has passed since my last blog post. Yes, our new floors are finally installed, and I'm getting my stamp room back in order slowly but surely. Reorganizing and purging again takes time.

Our PTI challenge this month is to use the photo below to create a card capturing the beauty of the image. Don't you wish you owned a pair of these?

Blog hop inspiration
photo credit: Joyfolie

Anyway, while new floors were being installed throughout our house, my BIL's mother decides it's time to see what's happening in Heaven. Unfortunately, we weren't able to attend her funeral in MN (we live in WA), and I refused to buy a card. I knew my sister and BIL would understand. Enough personal chat, on with my belated sympathy card. 



It's pretty self-explanatory when you read my supplies list. 

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: SU Basic Gray (under Vellum) and SU Going Gray (base card)
Ink: Kraft, VersaMark and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Boutique Borders: Sympathy
Dies: Beautiful Blooms II (#1) and Mum's The Word (leaves)
Other: Sheer Basics Vellum, Glossy Accents, Felt, Pearl & Black Rhinestones, SU Dimensionals, and Micro Glue Dots




4 comments:

Darnell said...

This design is wonderful for a heartfelt sympathy card, Kathy! And I must say I'm going to steal your "decides it's time to see what's happening in heaven" line. I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

Very pretty! CAS perfection! :0)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! So soft & pretty!

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty card. Very appropriate for a sympathy card!