Sunday, July 26, 2015

PTI MIM #218: Watercolors With Die Cut Stencils

After having a very busy week, I didn't think I'd get a chance to play along with Lexi's challenge here on Nichole's blog to watercolor with die-cut stencils. So, here I am late Sunday night with a finished card and rushing to get this posted so I can go to bed. Without further ado, here it is.



Since I don't have an artistic bone in my body, my watercoloring leaves a lot to be desired…but it's fun to try. I also "need" those labels Lexi used for removable masking. Think a die-cut that isn't quite so intricate would also make it easier. I'll try this again when I have more time. 

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: White and Raspberry Fizz
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and Zig Clean Color Real Brushes
Stamps: Boutique Borders: Thanks and Background Basics: Super Stripes
Dies: Uncorked Words, Edgers #1 and MFT Stitched Rectangles
Other: Watercolor Paper (Michaels), foam tape, SU dimensionals, black rhinestones and a paintbrush

2 comments:

lexi said...

pretty card! i love a rainbow with a bit of black and white. thanks (ever so much) for playing!!

Joyce said...

Love this--your rainbow sentiment looks great on that stitched rectangle. So glad you managed to squeak in with your card.