Sunday, August 2, 2015

PTI MIM #219: Texture Kissing

Lizzie was this week's presenter for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge here, and she shared how to add texture to stamped images (hence the name, Texture Kissing).

It's been in the 90s here all week and too hot to be upstairs in my stamping room even with the ceiling fan blowing on me so I waited until the final hours to attempt Lizzie's texturing method. My biggest challenge was the lack of good background stamps and solid stamps that I thought would work. In need of a birthday card for my BIL, I was on the hunt for inspiration. Thanks, Heather, for this idea!


IMG_0300


I loved the design but wanted it to be different even though her colors were perfect for a masculine card. Here's what I came up with and will definitely try this layout again. 



My texturing was done using Birthday Style on the Simply Chartreuse balloon, Crackled on the Canyon Clay and Chevron Stripes on the Scarlet Jewel. I should have listened to Lizzie and used lighter inks, but I was determined to use more masculine colors. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Scarlet Jewel and Kraft
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Scarlet Jewel, Simply Chartreuse, Canyon Clay and VersaMark
Stamps: Birthday Style, Crackled, Celebrations, Background Basics: Chevron Stripes and Keep It Simple: Birthday
Dies: Birthday Style and Sketched Shapes
Other: SU dimensionals and Sharpie (fine tip)

2 comments:

Darnell said...

I really like your take on the technique, Kathy! I love the bolder masculine colors you used!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful card! I love your take on this technique!