Sunday, October 27, 2013

PTI MIM #137: Dimensional Leaf Wreath & MFW's TT: Enthralled with Fall

Another Make It Monday challenge on Nichole's blog asks us to make a dimensional leaf wreath. Melissa Phillips showed us in a video how she created her lovely Fall card. I attempted to follow by example and came up with this birthday card wishing a dear friend a fabulous day.


The glitter really sparkles and added a lot to the Turning A New Leaf die cuts that I adhered to a white circle to form my wreath. It's difficult to see here, but the embossed burgundy cardstock is raised up on a white card base, using foam tape. 

I'm also entering this Fall card in Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger: Enthralled with Fall. The gorgeous Fall colors and the leaves helped inspire my wreath card above. 



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: White, Vellum & SU Baroque Burgundy
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, SU Pumpkin Pie, SU Cherry Cobbler & VersaMark
Stamps: Turning A New Leaf & Boutique Borders: Birthday
Dies: Turning A New Leaf & Nestabilities Circles
Other: White Embossing Powder, SU brads, glitter glue, SU vertical stripes embossing folder & foam tape


4 comments:

Anna said...

Great card! I love how you created a wreath from the leaf die cuts! Great color combo too!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kathy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ted said...

Kathy, this is beautiful! I love the pinks and yellows and greens! It screams autumn and makes a perfect autumn birthday card! :) Thanks for leaving your kind note on my blog. :)

Joyce said...

Such a fun and glittery wreath.