Monday, October 28, 2013

PTI MIM #138: Inlaid Die Cuts & Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Since I needed a 75th birthday card for a male friend of ours, I decided I would try Betsy Veldman's technique of inlaid die cuts as shown in her video here, Nichole Heady's blog. It's difficult to see in the photo below, but I did die cut and remove the numbers from my stamped Vintage Cream cardstock. Then I die cut another "75" from Simply Chartreuse and "inlaid" the numbers in the opening. To finish off the sentiment, I added a folded banner with tails cut on both ends and raised it up using foam tape. Three sequins added a little sparkle to the leaves.


I'm also entering this in Monday's Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold & SU Really Rust
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold & SU Really Rust
Stamps: Leaf Prints & Big Birthday Wishes (Think Big Favorites #12 "Happy Birthday" inside sentiment ~ oops, not pictured)
Dies: By The Numbers
Other: Sequins & foam tape


16 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a great card! I love that you used numbers ... I must try that! Thanks so much for visiting my little blog too ... Nice to 'meet' you!

Ted said...

Wonderful card, Kathy! I especially love the tie-in to autumn for his autumn birthday. He's sure to love this card!

Marcia Hill said...

How pretty and I love the bright colors! Like the 3 little sequins too! :0)

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I love your color choices for your stamped background! Very fall-ish!! He's going to love your card! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I love your color choices for your stamped background! Very fall-ish!! He's going to love your card! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, the autumnal leaves look great in the background and perfect for this time of year. Love the banner. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Joyce said...

Fabulous fall birthday card, and great way to personalize it for the age of the birthday boy (man).

Alex said...

I absolutely love Autumn-themed cards, this one came out great, your friend is going to love it! I need to invest in more Leaf print stamp sets!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful way to do an inlay! Love the beautiful fall leaves.

Rhonda said...

This is a great card for a guy Kathy. Love the inlaid numbers.

victoria h said...

Great card for an Autumnal birthday.

Maureen said...

Great job with the technique - love your card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card.

Kathryn A said...

Love your fall leaves! Great colours, and perfect for a male!

Kristii said...

So pretty! Love the leaves and the colors are perfect!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Pretty autumn background...