Saturday, February 14, 2015

Papertrey Ink's 8th Anniversary Blue Ombre (Day 8)

Thursday's challenge for PTI's 8th Anniversary on Nichole's blog was to create a new project that features a blue ombre effect using all our favorite shades of this beautiful color. Sounds easy, doesn't it? Well, unfortunately I sold off all my SU ink pads and the bulk of my card stock preparing to replace them with my PTI Anniversary order so this was a bit of a struggle for me. Spring Rain ink and card stock wouldn't quite meet the criteria for ombre. Dug out three Pentel Color Pens, scribbled them on an old CD case, spritzed with water and "smooshed" a piece of watercolor paper in it to get various shades of blue. Hopefully, this qualifies.




I covered my white card base with a piece of SU Designer Paper before adhering my watercolored design. 

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and SU Designer Paper (stash)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Boutique Borders: Congrats and Keep It Simple: Get Well
Dies: None
Other: Watercolor Paper, Pentel Color Pens, Sequins (stash) and SU Dimensionals

No comments: