Saturday, February 14, 2015

Papertrey Ink's 8th Anniversary Heavy Metal (Day 7)

PTI's Heavy Metal Challenge on February 11 here on Nichole's blog was to create a project featuring nothing but metallics and neutrals. Because I tend to lean more toward gold than silver, I found a way to incorporate that into a card.




Because my black ink didn't stamp really well (even stamping twice using my MISTI), I ended up masking each stripe and stamping VersaMark before heat embossing the black stripes. It was several more steps than I anticipated but worth it. Opted to add a vellum die cut beneath my gold "Celebrate" to add dimension to the focal point. That's it for this challenge.

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Classic Kraft and Vellum
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and VersaMark 
Stamps: Background Basics: Super Stripes
Dies: Boutique Borders: Congrats and Uncorked Words
Other: Black Embossing Powder, Quickie Glue Pen and (Gold) Metallic Paper Stack (DCWV)

No comments: