Sunday, February 14, 2016

PTI 9th Anniversary Day 10: Paper Crafting Alphabet


Ever heard of Paper Crafting Alphabet? Well, you have now as explained here by Nichole from Papertrey Ink. The challenge was to use anywhere from the first three to ALL of the letters in your first or last name. Write the letters in a single column on a piece of paper and use the chart on her blog as a reference for each letter. If you have a "double" letter, skip the duplicate letter and move onto the next letter in your name. Use your first or last name, depending on which one has a more interesting array of letters. If you want to keep things simple, use the first three letters of your name. If you want something more complex and challenging, use all of the letters in your name. Doesn't this sound like fun? Well, it was, and I will use this tool for years to come.

My letters worked out like this, and my card is below:

  • K = Kraft Card Stock
  • A = Add a border
  • T = Tie on some twine
  • H = Heat Emboss and image or sentiment
  • Y = Incorporate a shade of yellow
  • M = Mix together two stamp sets






The obvious is my Kraft card stock base. After heat embossing the stems from Botanical Silhouettes in white, I stamped the blooms using Summer Sunrise. Because it didn't show up too well, I restamped a couple times using my MISTI. Wanting them to shine, I also stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed those in clear. They actually appear more brown so my "incorporated yellow" is Harvest Gold for my add a border. To finish the card, I wrapped the front Kraft panel with white crochet thread/twine, attached a little "Thanks" and tied it off in a bow. The two stamp sets I used are: Botanical Silhouettes and Trendy Tree Tops. This wraps up 10 great days of challenges in honor of PTI's 9th Anniversary. What fun! Now I just hope I win one of the many gift certificates because my "want" list is very, very long and expensive. 




Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Kraft and Harvest Gold
Ink: VersaMark and Summer Sunrise
Stamps: Botanical Silhouettes and Trendy Tree Tops
Dies: None
Other: White & Clear Embossing Powders, SU Window Punch & 1/8" Circle Punch and White Crochet Thread

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Very pretty Kathy! And best of luck winning one of the gc...my list is waaaaay too long too! :0)

Birgit said...

Wasn't this one a fun challenge? You brought all of your letters together perfectly!!

Birgit said...

Hi again Kathy~ Just wanted to pop over here and say thanks for all your kind comments and to answer your question about the type of cardstock I used with my zigs. I used PTI's Stampers Select white cardstock. Looking forward to this new release. My wish list is a mile long....

Kay Miller said...

Your card turned out just beautifully! Great way to incorporate all of the suggestions! Thank you so much for the sweet comments you left on my blog during the Anniversary release! :)

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card, Kathy--and congrats for being one of the anniversary winners. So happy for you!