Sunday, June 25, 2017

PTI Blog Hop Challenge June 2017

How can it be the 25th of June already? It seems like it was just Christmas! Anyway, it's time for another Blog Hop Challenge at Papertrey Ink. Here's the lovely inspirational piece provided on Nichole's blog. 


photo source Anthropologie


Because we had such a busy Saturday scheduled, my mind told me I needed to get this card made Friday night and ready to post for Saturday's blog hop. Apparently, I was skipping over the 24th...thinking Saturday was the 25th, and it was way past my bedtime when I finished. Without further ado, here's my card. 



I started with a Stamper's Select White card base and added a strip at the bottom to ground my vases. This strip was embossed using the Linen/Canvas Impression Plate and then blended with Soft Stone ink and a blending tool. The vases were also ink blended with Melon Berry and Pinefeather, respectively, to which I added Glossy Accents for a watery effect. The Bitty Bouquet die cuts were stamped using Melon Berry, Bright Buttercup and Simply Chartreuse. I paint splattered some Pinefeather ink on the card base before assembling the card. One flower stem and the Melon Berry vase are adhered using SU Dimensionals. And that's a wrap. 


Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments. 



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Ink: Soft Stone, Pinefeather, Melon Berry, Simply Chartreuse and Bright Buttercup
Stamps: Bitty Bouquets
Dies: Bitty Bouquets and Mega Gracious Vases
Other: Linen/Canvas Impression Plate, Blending Tool, Paintbrush, SU Dimensionals and Glossy Accents


19 comments:

Rosemary said...

what a lovely take on the inspiration!! your vases are perfect!!

Unknown said...

I like your more literal interpretation of the challenge. Shows an eye for detail!

Luvpurple said...

Beautiful card, Kathy.

Vicki Finger said...

This is such a lovely card!

Kathryn A said...

Bitty Bouquets is the perfect size for these vases! I love the colour on your vases!! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Kathy and I LOVE those vases! :0)

lainey said...

Very pretty Kathy. I like how you colored your vases and of course I love the splatters! I also used the Mega Vase but never thought to use Bitty Bouquet!

Betty Wright said...

Lovely design!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Such a gorgeous card Kathy! So, so pretty!

Vikki H said...

Wow! Guess we were thinking something on the same wavelength but I like your result better. Your vases with the beautiful ombré shading and Glossy Accent touch are perfect! Bravo on your concept and crafting!

Vikki H said...

Beauty among all the challenge cards! I really admire your ink blending on the vases~

Jacquie Southas said...

The texture on your vases is fabulous, Kathy! Beautiful card!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

Greta said...

Beautifully done, Kathy! You've made me move Bitty Bouquet higher up my wishlist!

Joyce said...

Beautiful card, Kathy. Love how you did those vases, and your flowers are so sweet.

Monika Reeck said...

how are you from this earth that can coloring the Jar/Vase sooo adorable like this
STUNNINGGGGGG!!!
love your coloring Jar
perfect added one layer white paper and those flowers completed your card
great interpretation
so happy if you like to visiting me back
hugs
Monika

Unknown said...

So soft and lovely!

Teddra said...

Beautiful!

Nancy Penir said...

You couldn't have cased the inspiration photo better! Fabulous card! Love the vases, and the blooms are so sweet!