Tuesday, June 6, 2017

PTI MIM #287: Baby Wipe Inking

It's been years since I tried the technique of using reinkers with baby wipes. Now I know why. Not only did I have inky fingers but my first two attempts at trying to create stripes for a nice plaid background were a bust. Therefore, I followed Ashley's lead in this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday and created flowers using SU Mauve Mist Reinker. My colors are limited because I haven't bought any reinkers since first buying Stampin' Up inks years ago. Since I stamped the Splits using Delicata Silvery Shimmer Ink on vellum, I added a strip of Soft Stone card stock to help the Green Parakeet embossed sentiment show up a little better. Duh, as I'm typing this post I just realized I used a paper towel instead of a baby wipe. No wonder my stripes looked ridiculous! Hopefully, it still qualifies for the challenge because I don't have time to recreate another card. We're leaving town early in the morning for the weekend to attend our grandnephew's high school graduation, and I still have to pack. This is it.




Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments. 



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Soft Stone, Stamper's Select White and Clear Vellum
Ink: Green Parakeet, SU Mauve Mist Reinker, VersaMark, Delicata Silvery Shimmer
Stamps: Splits: Happy Birthday and Graceful Greetings (leaves)
Dies: Splits: Happy Birthday 
Other: Clear Embossing Powder and Zig Silver Metallic Marker

9 comments:

Kathryn A said...

This card is beautiful with those soft colours! Did you do this one with a paper towel, too? It turned out great! I wish I could see the stripes, too. Perhaps you've discovered a whole new technique!

Marcia Hill said...

Would have never known you used paper towels instead of wipes Kathy...looks GREAT to me! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Greta said...

Well, I used a baby wipe & you're right about the inky fingers! Tried the little flowers, but I ended up with distressed dots which I'll hopefully eventually make into a card. At least I did manage to make some stripes! Have fun at the graduation, Kathy!

lainey said...

Kathy, you made some pretty flowers with this technique and I like how you used the Splits die. You are brave heat embossing vellum! lol And I don't think it matters if you used a baby wipe or paper towel, it's the same idea.

Colleen said...

Love your flowers, now I am inspired to roll some baby wipes and try my hand at this technique too!!

Nancy Penir said...

Kathy, your card is lovely. Beautiful colors and I love the splits set done with vellum. So soft and pretty!

Marlena M. said...

The rosettes are perfect! Hope your trip went well~

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Kathy, you should stamp with baby wipes...paper towels more often. you did a GREAT job. I LOVE your little flowers. Paper towels count...damp paper is what they both are!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Kathy. Love the soft grey and white c/s with your sweet pastel flowers you created with paper towel :-)
PS: I had quite the mess on my desk from this technique~kept putting things down on the puddles of inks :-o