Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Papertrey October 2017 Blog Hop Challenge

Today being the 25th of October means it's time for another Blog Hop Challenge at Papertrey Ink. Nichole must spend hours seeking out gorgeous inspiration pieces for us, and this month is no exception. Since I'm finishing my card at the last minute, I couldn't get too fancy with lots of color and/or watercoloring. Besides, I can use more Thanksgiving cards. Mission accomplished!


photo source: If you don't follow him already on IG, you simply must! 


Eager to see how others were inspired and what they created. I'm sure I'll see some real beauties when I get a chance to Blog Hop! 





Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Vintage Cream and Ripe Avocado
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate and VersaMark
Stamps: Leaf Prints and Keep It Simple: Thanksgiving
Dies: Leaf Prints
Other: Stencil from Garden Gate, Ink Blending Tools, Zing! Metallic Gold Embossing Powder, DMC Floss and SU Dimensionals

9 comments:

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love the gold embossing on the leaf! :)

Vicki Finger said...

I love this leaf but I really need to get that die now! This card is so well done - really beautiful.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Clean and simple and beautiful and perfect for Thanksgiving. Cheers.

lainey said...

Simple was the way to go with this challenge! Your card is simple, but the addition of the gold embossing makes it very elegant looking.

Helen F. said...

Oh Kathy, how lovely is your Thanksgiving card. Stunning CAS design!

Marcia Hill said...

Simple but oh so beautiful Kathy! Love the gold embossing and the lovely background...great take on the inspiration photo!! :0)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Kathy! Your leaf looks stunning! Great take on the challenge!

Helen F. said...

Hey Kathy, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink (cubes) smooshed on a plastic plate and dabbed a paint brush in water then the smooshed ink color onto watercolor paper to create my background for the butterflies :-)

Greta said...

Love the gold embossing, Kathy! The single leaf makes a great focal point!