Saturday, August 4, 2018

PTI MIM #331: Creating Mixed Background Texture

Here we are in August already and time for another Papertrey Ink Make It Monday. This week Stephanie shared how to mix textures using stamps and die cuts. Believe it or not, I still need more graduation cards (+ one more to make) and a wedding card so I created two using this technique. Thanks, Stephanie, as I'm happy with the results but definitely need more Cover Plates to mix things up a bit. Here are my two creations. 





Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening and Bright Buttercup
Ink: Enchanted Evening and Bright Buttercup
Stamps: Celebrations and For The Graduate
Dies: Celebrations, Tag Sale: Quilted, Modern Numbers, Layered Banner Banter and Hexagon Cover Plate
Other: Make-Up Brush (ink blending), Sponge (edging sentiment strip), Foam Tape and Crochet Thread (died with Bright Buttercup Ink)

*****



Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Pinefeather, Ocean Tides and Lovely Lady
Ink: Lovely Lady, Pinefeather and VersaMark
Stamps: Wet Paint III and Tag-Its #4
Dies: Wet Paint III, Rustic Wreath, Shape Shifters: Circle 1, Limitless Layers: 1.75" Circles and Heart Border 
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Ink Blending Tool, SU Dimensionals, Smooshing, Perfect Pearls Mist: Perfect Pearl and White Crochet Thread



8 comments:

Vikki H said...

Good for you creating two fun cards for this challenge! I especially like the crisp contrast of blue and yellow on the first card and ink blending.

lainey said...

Great job on both cards Kathy! Good idea to use the grad caps as a border and I really like the hexagon background. Pretty colors on the second card.

Carmela said...

I love both cards! You did a wonderful job combining all the dies and stamps.

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these turned out FABULOUS Kathy! And yay to you for making two! For some reason graduation cards are my least favorite to make, but I love how you did both of these and will have to remember this fun technique when I have to make grad cards...maybe they won't be so hard to make using a FUN technique!! :0)

Jill S said...

These are great! That graduation card is super fun!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Great cards! I love the graduation card! It is awesome!
It was a fun technique. You did a great job!

Birgit said...

Hello Kathy! Your mixed backgrounds are both beautiful! This was defintely a technique I want to try again. Have a great week!

Greta said...

Your cards are beautiful! I need more coverplates, too, but you had no problem using what you have!