Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop Challenge & PTI MIM #330: Repeating The Greeting

Here we are already on the 25th of the month so it's time for another Blog Hop Challenge at Papertrey Ink. This is this month's inspiration photo. Because I don't own any Salt Air stamps or dies, I chose to go with the color palette shown in this image. 




Thought I'd try something different so I embossed Happy Birthday from Graceful Greetings several times, ink blending them in Blueberry Sky with the exception of one. To highlight one of the repeated sentiments, I opted to layer die-cuts in Pure Poppy to make it stand out. Randomly stamped a few stars in Blueberry Sky and Pure Poppy, adhered a strip of Blueberry Sky to the left side and finished the card. Planning to send this to my BIL, whose birthday is later this month. 




This is a two-for-one card as I'm also entering this in Papertrey's Make It Monday #330, where Lizzie Jones challenged us to repeat sentiments on our card. 




Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and Blueberry Sky
Ink: Blueberry Sky and Pure Poppy
Stamps: Birthday Cheer
Dies: Graceful Greetings
Other: Ink Blending Tool and Spray Adhesive

SaveSave

8 comments:

Kathryn A said...

Hi Kathy! Lovely card!, and good idea to combine challenges! I love the nautical colours—it’s a terrific “guy” card. I’ll have to try that dry embossing, sometime. I like the look but I admit to being too lazy to change my cutting plates around to do the dry embossing. (How lame is that?!?)

A Cup of Cold Water said...

GREAT take Kathy! Pretty card!

Greta said...

Very creative & fun--love your card!

Unknown said...

Love the use of diecuts, great take on the challenge!

lainey said...

What a good idea to emboss happy birthday instead of stamping or stenciling it. This is a very nice masculine card!

Vikki H said...

Kathy, this is very clever and love how you highlighted the embossed greeting with color!

Nancy Penir said...

You have gone off the clever meter with this one, Kathy. gorgeous emboss, with the inking. Sweet sweet card!

Marcia Hill said...

Way to go combining both challenges Kathy and I love how you embossed the sentiment over the front of the card multiple times...very cool looking! :0)