Thursday, October 18, 2018

PTI Create Along With Us: October 2018

It was just Release Week at Papertrey Ink so we get to create our own version from DT examples. The most challenging part of this is deciding on which project to use as my inspiration. There were so many awesome ones, and who doesn't love anything to do with the Christmas Season. 

This time I chose a card created by Heather that looks like this. 



Obviously, I couldn't CASE this because I don't have any of the new products she used, but I used similar colors and did my best with what I do have. Yay for another completed Christmas card! 




To make it look more realistic, I topped the white snowfall with glitter glue and stacked my "peace" die-cuts three high for more dimension. If you enlarge the image, you'll see my polka-dot bow has a tiny white pearl in the center. And there you have it. 





Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White and Silver Glitter Paper (stash)
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel and VersaMark
Stamps: Holiday Greens Borders, Deck The Halls and Confetti Toss
Dies: Cover Plate: Pretty Frame, Holiday Greens Borders, Deck The Halls and Wet Paint Holiday
Other: Glitter Glue, White Embossing Powder, SU Pearl and Foam Tape

7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Kathy and I love how you created Heather's card with what you had on hand...so many lovely, lovely details! That little bow with the pearl center is just too sweet...love it!! :0)

Vicki Finger said...

What a great looking card! I just love it~

Kathryn A said...

This turned out beautifully! Love kraft and red together!

Diana K said...

Heather’s card was my favourite of the release and I think that yours is just as gorgeous! Love how you were inspired!

Vikki H said...

Both cards are great~ I love your adaptations and you can't lose with red & kraft together!

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done! Love your choice of images!

Greta said...

I loved that card, too, & your case is beautiful!