Friday, October 26, 2018

PTI MIM #340: Banner-ific!

Good thing I started this challenge early because it took me a few days to get back to finishing this banner. Thanks, Michelle, for the inspiration on this week's Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday! She challenged us to create a banner for the upcoming holiday season. Look at how gorgeous hers is!


Those newly-released stamp sets and dies get me every time...already.  Love her nontraditional color scheme also. 

Because I wanted to use my birch wrapping paper I bought last year, I went with the traditional red, white, green & black plus some silver thrown in there to add a little sparkle. Besides my total banner image, I also posted individual ones of all three tags. Looking forward to seeing what others created for this fun challenge!










The birch wrapping paper is quite thin so I backed each tag with two layers of white card stock. This also gives the backsides a nice finished look. 



Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and Pure Poppy
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black and Pinefeather
Stamps: MIM Mini Kit: Holiday Folk
Dies: MIM Mini Kit: Holiday Folk, Tag Sale #4, Jolly Holiday and Block Alphabet Upper
Other: Birch Wrapping Paper (Pier 1), TH Tinsel Twine, Silver Twine, Darice Red Bells, SU Real Red Marker, Gelly Roll Glitter Dust and Foam Tape


10 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh I love this Kathy!! I remember you using the birch paper last year, and how perfect for this banner challenge!! Love that you made all three different but yet tied together with the background paper...this will be a joy to hang up each year at Christmas!! Love it!! 😊♥️

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Kathy this is a gorgeous banner! LOVE the birch paper and all of your elements!!!

Vikki H said...

So fun and pretty! I may have to case this banner as I have the holiday folk kit too! LOL because I went to Pier 1 last year for that birch paper and it's time to use it!

Nancy Penir said...

what a wonderful festive banner, Kathy. Love the tinsel!

Greta said...

Absolutely fabulous take on the challenge, Kathy! I just love the red bells & everything else!

Linda said...

Kathy, your banner is fantastic.

Carmela said...

These are so cute!! Love the different stamps you used.

Helen F. said...

Oh how fabulous! Love your banner, Kathy! The ornaments are beautifully decorated with that Birch wrapping paper and the stamps from the Holiday Folk Kit are perfect.
PS: Thanks for your comment on my card ~ the wonky stitching on my banner was done on my sewing machine :-)

Marlena M. said...

Kathy, this is extraordinary! The use of tinsel and classic Christmas colors make this a decoration to keep for years to come~

Jill S said...

I love your mini Garland! All of the elements work so well together. I could see this sprucing up a cubicle for Christmas.