Wednesday, February 12, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary ~ Day 1 (Color & Sketch Challenge)

This challenge was actually announced on the first day of Papertrey Ink's 7th Anniversary, but we have until 7 am EST on February 15 to post our creations. They've kept us so busy with each day's challenge I didn't get to try any of the recipes provided until now.  Our task was to select any one Color Recipe Card and one Sketch Recipe Card from the seven options shown for our project. There's no limit to how many combinations we use or cards we make. Since I have three cards to share and a long post, let's get started. 

Pictured are the Color and Sketch Recipes I used for this fun birthday card.

Color-2


Sketch-5



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, SU Regal Rose for Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist and SU Real Red for Pure Poppy
Ink: VersaMark
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies
Dies: Mat Stack #2 and Edgers #3
Other: SU Melon Mambo Embossing Powder, SU Dimensionals, Twinery Twine and SU Clear Rhinestones


My second card is a sympathy card, which I hope I don't have to use anytime soon but prefer having at least one ready and available when needed. 





Edited to Add: Also entering this in Simon Says Get Krafty Challenge for today. 

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: SU Always Artichoke for Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse for New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft and Vintage Cream
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse (full & stamped off) and SU Soft Sky
Stamps: Mum's The Word and Boutique Borders: Sympathy
Dies: None
Other: Corner Chomper, Twinery Twine and SU Dimensionals


My third and final card for today is a special birthday card for my husband's aunt, when she turns 90 later this month. It's hard to see in the photo but the patterned paper has tiny, pink hearts so I felt the punched hearts and rhinestones finished it off nicely. Here are the recipes I used:


Color-7


Sketch-2





Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Harvest Gold for Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz and Bravo Burgundy for Scarlet Jewel
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Big Birthday Wishes
Dies: By The Numbers and Nesties Scallop Circles
Other: Heart Punch (really old), Pink Heart Rhinestones (Studio G) and SU Dimensionals




1 comment:

Joyce said...

Fabulous job on all your PTI challenge cards. It looks like you are having fun. I know I am--I need to stop, though.