Friday, February 7, 2014

PTI's 7th Anniversary ~ Day 3 (Timer Challenge)

Our challenge today in celebration of Papertrey Ink's 7th Anniversary is to gather 7 supplies (including ink, paper and stamps) in 7 minutes and create a quick card in 17 minutes or less. WOW, that is moving quickly for this gal who typically creates without a sketch, design or colors in mind. After making seven cards late last night, it was a push to get crafting again today so three is my limit. I'm multitasking now as I type this while watching the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics ~ Go USA!

Have seen several cards in blogland using paint chips and most recently, my online friend Joyce posted one on her blog. I've been saving several different color schemes for quite sometime so decided to use one tonight thinking it would be a time-saver.


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
  1. Stamper's Select White card stock
  2. Paint chip from Home Depot
  3. Boutique Borders: Congrats stamp set
  4. Boutique Borders: Birthday stamp set
  5. Linen/Canvas Impression Plate
  6. SU Rose Red ink
  7. Rhinestones - 3 (from my stash)

 Finished in 14 minutes, 58 seconds.


Thought I'd make another birthday card because February is a birthday-filled month for me with seven relatives and friends celebrating from the 9th through the 28th (all females but one). I so wanted to put sequins or buttons down the front to make it look like a dress but had to stick to my goal of 7 items.



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
  1. Raspberry Fizz card stock
  2. Basic Black card stock (Joann's)
  3. Stamper's Select White card stock
  4. Pretty Peonies die
  5. Wonderful Words: Birthday die
  6. White doily (stash)
  7. Black/white Twinery Twine
Finished in 12 minutes, 4 seconds. 




Since I ran out of steam last night, Erin's printable was the only one I didn't get to complete. Once all the others were used, I could see that my Mat Stack #4 die would work perfectly to capture the entire print. Because I don't have the larger mat stacks for layering, I created by own by die-cutting two from black card stock and cutting one in half vertically and the other horizontally. This was time-consuming as was the fussy cutting of the two little hearts I added to fill the corner and give it some more dimension.


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
  1. Erin Lincoln's printable
  2. Basic Black card stock (Joann's)
  3. SU Real Red card stock
  4. White card stock (Georgia Pacific) ~ feeds just fine through my printer
  5. Mat Stack #4
  6. Boutique Borders: Valentine
  7. SU Real Red ink
Finished with 4 seconds to spare: 16 minutes, 56 seconds

No comments: