Saturday, November 4, 2017

PTI MIM #302: Twine & Ribbon Wraps

This week's Make It Monday Challenge for Papertrey Ink is presented by Stephanie. She shared ways to use twine and/or ribbon in different ways other than just a knot or bow. Had to think on this for awhile but actually made two cards Friday night (no ink; no stamps), instead of rushing late Sunday night. Besides that, I'm so happy because I've got another Christmas card to add to my stash. Yay for challenges! Once I post this, I'm heading back to my craft room to get creating. Can you believe I haven't touched my Wonderland Kit yet other than to look at its beauty? I must hurry!





Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, New Leaf, Berry Sorbet, Holiday Plaid, Luxe Gold Adhesive and Canson Mixed Media Watercolor Paper
Ink: None
Stamps: None
Dies: In The Meadow, Wet Paint Holidays, Jolly Holiday and MFT Stitched Rectangles
Other: Gold Twine, Red Sequins and Zig Clean Color Real Brush

*******
And here's just another little "twist" on using twine!



Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Green Parakeet and SU Elegant Eggplant
Ink: None
Stamps: None
Dies: Jolly Holiday and Mix & Mat: Postal
Other: Twine, White Acrylic Paint, Paintbrush for Splatters and Double-Sided Tape

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Two FABULOUS cards Kathy! Absolutely love the idea of wrapping the gold cord around the Christmas tree...SOOO pretty! And I love your wrapped letters in the 2nd card too...very creative!! :0)

Greta said...

Super duper clever, Kathy! I did briefly think of wrapping a Christmas tree & I love how yours looks! The wrapped letters really steal the show, I think--love it! No snow here--just cool & wet off & on with occasional sun--typical PNW--haha!

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of cards... love your fun take on the MIM challenge!!

Susan Watanabe said...

Love your 2 crafty ways of using twine! Makes for a perfect garland for a Christmas tree and I wouldn’t have thought to use it as an embellishment for die-cut letters.

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of your cards are fantastic Kathy! Love the twine wrapped tree and sentiment! So fun, festive and creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

These cards are fantastic! Brilliant to wrap up your tree with twine to look like strings of lights and I love the wrapped letters. Well done you! Cheers.