Saturday, November 25, 2017

Papertrey November 2017 Blog Hop Challenge

I'm writing this post early because we're traveling for Thanksgiving and don't want to miss the opportunity to participate in this month's Blog Hop at Papertrey Ink. Here is the beautiful inspiration piece for this month's challenge.



photo source: Grandin Road


My eyes went right to the plaid napkin on the table, the gold "gather" centerpiece and the fall decor on the chair. This is my creation, and I have just the person in mind to receive it. Hope she likes it!




Hope everyone had a delicious feast and fun with friends and family over Thanksgiving! 


Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and Kraft
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest and VersaMark
Stamps: Give Thanks and Spruce & Sprigs
Dies: Limitless Layers 2.25" Ovals, Give Thanks and Spruce & Sprigs
Other: Plaid Ribbon, Gelly Roll Glitter Pen, Bic Gold Marker, Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold, Orange Hemp, Zing! Metallic Gold Embossing Powder, Glue Dots and Double-Sided Tape


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! Such a perfect interpretation of the inspiration photo! And, how lucky am I to have received this beauty??!! Thank you!!! Happy Thanksgiving weekend! XOXO

Linda said...

So pretty with that plaid ribbon. Lovely card.

lainey said...

This is beautiful and a smart use of all that ribbon we all have! The kraft and gold embossing is a lovely combination.

Karen said...

This is just gorgeous! That plaid ribbon is a stunner.

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card, Kathy!! Love the plaid ribbon behind the foliage...such a lovely design!!

Marlena M. said...

She will love this~it's amazing!!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--one of my favorite cards, Kathy! That ribbon is so yummy & may have to get the sentiment as I absolutely love it! Perfect use of the foliage, too! I don't think we can start the Forum thread unless we get to choose the contest question & then could we pick ourselves to win?--haha! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Birgit said...

What a lovely card! The plaid ribbon you used is perfect for this delightful card!

Carmela said...

Wow, what perfect ribbon for the inspiration! Very pretty card.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this is SO pretty Kathy! I love that plaid ribbon! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Kathryn A said...

Love this!! The textured ribbon is perfect with the fall sprigs! Lucky person to receive this ;)

Vicki Finger said...

I adore all of this texture! How lovely and I loved that we used the same sentiment.

Vikki H said...

You knocked this hop out of the ball park! Wow - love that ribbon with your foliage décor!

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card, the ribbon is just perfect <3

Betty Wright said...

Love the ribbon detailing! Great card!

Joyce said...

Stunning focal point. I love how you have added your sentiment with that wonderful ribbon.

Linda said...

Kathy, I didn't realize that you were the person I met at church the other night. Thanks for coming up to me and introducing yourself. I always love meeting my fellow crafters.

Dawn Y. said...

So pretty, Kathy! The plaid ribbon is gorgeous. You chose one of my very favorite sentiments! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. ♡

Julia Aston said...

You had the perfect plaid ribbon for the inspiration - what a beautiful design!

Ribbons and Roots said...

Just perfect! Love that ribbon!!

Unknown said...

This is lovely!

Tenia Nelson said...

So LOVE this!!!

~amy~ said...

Love the added texture to your design!

adele holcomb said...

That awesome ribbon was made for this card, and the sentiment is something special. I'm sure your recipient will be wowed!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... I know your friend was thrilled to receive it!!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Kathy. Love that plaid ribbon and gold embossed sentiment on Kraft!