Sunday, May 27, 2018

PTI MIM #322: Above & Below

This week Lizzie shared one of her personal favorite techniques and challenged us to do the same. Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday shows us how to add die cuts above and below your sentiment strip or die cut to add emphasis. Here's Lizzie's example and then my entry. 




One of these days I'm going to follow Dawn's lead by die cutting several embellishments in different color schemes to have them ready. Then I can have fun piling on the layers and rearranging them until I'm satisfied. I did a little of that for this card. 





Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Tropical Teal, Sheer Basics Vellum and BItty Dots: Raspberry Fizz
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Gran's Gardens and Give Thanks
Dies: MFT Stitched Rectangles, Gran's Gardens and Sketched Shapes
Other: SU Dimensionals, Twinery Twine and Wink of Stella 





4 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Kathy...your colors are FABULOUS and so are your beautiful flowers! :0)

Vikki H said...

The rich colors and the dotted vellum create a gorgeous card! Very nicely done, Kathy.

lainey said...

Kathy, this is so pretty with those jewel tone flowers against the polka dot vellum background! You can't go wrong with Gran's Garden!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Really pretty, colorful, a la Dawn, card. It is great to have embellishments on hand, but hard to do.
I do spend time putting patterned paper on card fronts as that is how I make most of the cards I sell. It helps a lot when I get in a time crunch.