Saturday, June 2, 2018

PTI MIM #323: Cascading Die Cuts

This week it was Stephanie's turn to inspire us for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday. It's all about creating die cuts cascading down the front of your card. Well, I didn't follow instructions right to the tee because I desperately need graduation cards. These kids grow up so fast that I didn't realize I need three more cards than I had planned on making. 

Please forgive me, Stephanie, as I did use the concept of how you added die cuts over colored paper. Mine just aren't cascading down the front but rather side to side. By The Numbers dies were just a bit too big. 




Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Bright Buttercup and Blue (stash)
Ink: VersaMark and SU Brilliant Blue Marker
Stamps: Penned Elegance
Dies: By The Numbers and For The Graduate
Other: SU Dimensionals, Scor Tape, CTMH Sparkles, Star Punch and Gelly Roll Glitter Pen



I tried this techique again on another graduation card and like this one better. Can you tell that I incorporated school colors for the grads? Love that added touch!





Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, True Black, Scarlet Jewel and Silver Metallic (DCWV)
Ink: VersaMark
Stamps: Keep It Simple: Graduation
Dies: For The Graduate, Wet Paint Cuts III and To The Point Edgers
Other: Zing! Silver Embossing Powder, and CTMH Sparkles

3 comments:

Jill S said...

I see we were both thinking mortarboards this week. Your cards are awesome. Your Grads will love them!

Vikki H said...

Fantastic choices for your grad cards plus meeting the MIM requirements! WTG

lainey said...

Kathy, I like both cards but my favorite is the first one! I like how you staggered those big numbers to fit on that card! And yes, it's always nice to use the school colors, I try to do that too so it's personalized. Great job on both!