Saturday, July 7, 2018

PTI MIM #327: Ombré Watercolor Backgrounds

This week we are blessed with Betsy as our host for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday. She shared a fun technique to create ombré watercolor backgrounds. Her card set is gorgeous and love the color combinations she used. 



Since I wasn't thrilled with my first attempt trying to avoid using leaves, I still made two snowflake cards and one with leaves. This is what I did. Think this technique works best with solid stamps versus the line images of snowflakes. 





Snowflakes using Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening and Bliss Blue.




Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Ink: Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening and VersaMark
Stamps: What The Doodle: Snowflakes and Stylish Sentiments: Holiday
Dies: None
Other: Canson Mixed Media, Paintbrush, SU Bliss Blue Marker and White Embossing Powder



Snowflakes using Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet and Winter Wisteria.




Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Ink: Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet, Winter Wisteria and VersaMark
Stamps: What The Doodle: Snowflakes and Happiest of Holidays
Dies: None
Other: Canson Mixed Media, Paintbrush, White Embossing Powder and Corner Rounder



My third card is my favorite because of the richness using Americana, Dark Chocolate and Melon Berry for solid leaf images from Turning A New Leaf. 





Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Ink: Americana, Dark Chocolate, Melon Berry and VersaMark
Stamps: Turning A New Leaf and Penned Elegance
Dies: None
Other: Paintbrush, Zing! Copper Embossing Powder and DCWV Metallic Stack



  

8 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Kathy! They're all gorgeous, but I'm with you... love the richness of the colors on the leaves card. But truly, the snowflakes are lovely too!

Marcia Hill said...

All three of these cards are GORGEOUS Kathy!! I love the idea of using snowflakes (now why didn't I think of that?!!) and I'm really loving the one in shades of purple!! And your leaf card is SO pretty too and I just LOVE the combination of colors you used!! Lovely, lovely cards Kathy!! :0)

lainey said...

Three beautiful cards Kathy! I love the color combinations you used, especially the purple one!

Vikki H said...

WTG making three cards! I do think the third is fabulous with the solid leaves and the copper touches!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Awesome cards Kathy. Thank your for doing the brown one. I wondered how it would look for a more masculine card. It looks great. You did an amazing job on color choice! Thank for sharing that!

Birgit said...

Hi Kathy~ These are all stunning! I want to go back now and try my hand using this technique again and using snowflakes. Your cards are totally gorgeous! I also love the richness using Americana Red. That's been a tough color for me to figure out but it looks amazing with the browns. Great job on all of these!

Birgit said...

Hi Kathy ~ Great job on all of these cards! I love the ones with the snowflakes and now want to try my hand at using this technique again. The Americana red card is fabulous as well. That's been a hard color for me to figure out how to use but it looks amazing with the browns. Thanks for the inspration!

Cindy Beach said...

Your color combinations are gorgeous, Kathy! I love the pretty cards and you made three of them. The third one is so unique and a real showstopper.