Sunday, July 22, 2018

PTI MIM #329: Creating Stencils from Die Cuts

This week I'm joining Melissa Phillips for her Papertrey Ink Make It Monday where she challenges us to make our own stencil from die-cuts. Once again I'm a bit out of my comfort zone but just had to make the attempt. 

To start with, I die-cut the most inner layer of Mix & Mat: Postal from acetate to save it for future stenciling. Thanks, Melissa, as I will definitely keep this in mind to make those dies even more versatile. A little ink blending and layering of die-cuts and I've got this pretty sympathy card.





Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Ocean Tides and Holiday Plaid
Ink: Soft Stone, Pale Peony, Autumn Rose, Ocean Tides, Pinefeather and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Stitching Garden and Keep It Simple: Sympathy
Dies: Cover Plate: Pretty Frame, Mix & Mat: Postal, Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets and Stitching Garden
Other: Acetate (to make stencil), White Foam, SU Dimensionals and Ink Blending Tool

6 comments:

TLady said...

VERY PRETTY!!!! I LOVE this set!!! ;) You did a WONDERFUL JOB with the challenge!!!! ;) SUPER JOB!!!!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Such a pretty card Kathy! Love the soft stenciling and all the layers...they really make your roses stand out! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Pretty, comforting card, Kathy. I used my stencil on a second card!!! ;)

Vikki H said...

Beautiful use of this technique and great idea to cut the stencil from acetate too!

Kathryn A said...

Your card turned out beautifully! The soft stenciling really adds a nice background to the bolder flowers. And I am really drawn to the greens you’ve used! I need to use Ocean Tides more-I love it, but rarely think to use it, so thanks for the reminder!

Greta said...

Beautiful card & love the stenciling!