Thursday, September 20, 2018

PTI MIM #336: Faux Gilded Leaves

Let me start off by saying how fabulous Laurie Schmidlin's gilded leaves look on her beautiful card. She used three colored embossing powders to achieve this plus clear for the veins. It is stunning! Laurie shared her technique for gilding leaves for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday




For once I have the actual stamps and dies she used so I opted for the Leaf Prints, but will now view other stamps with this technique in mind. I'm sure other stampers came up with some awesome ideas that never occurred to me. Here's my design, and I know my dear friend will appreciate this card. 




Here's a close up of the leaves so you can really see the gilding. The middle leaf is popped up using Stampin' Up Dimensionals. 






Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Vintage Cream and DCWV Metallic Stack
Ink: VersaMark and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Give Thanks and Leaf Prints
Dies: Noted: Scalloped A2 and Leaf Prints
Other: Offray Ribbon (stash), Clear (Ranger), Copper, Silver & Gold (Zing!) Embossing Powders and SU Dimensionals

9 comments:

Linda said...

Your gilded leaves are so gorgeous. Beautiful card.

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and oh so pretty Kathy! The gilded leaves turned out just beautifully and I love that ribbon that looks a bit like burlap behind them! And a perfect sentiment to finish off this lovely, lovely card! :0)

Teresa said...

very nice card. I like how the leaves curl a little. makes them look real.

Kathryn A said...

Hi Kathy—Thanks so much for leaving me such a nice comment on my card! Yours is lovely! The multicoloured leaves are wonderful, and the textured ribbon is perfect with them. Great card!

Vikki H said...

Aw, one of the loveliest sentiments is supported by gorgeous leaves! Your friend will be delighted to receive this beauty. I do appreciate your recent comment on my blog. I've been side-tracked with life. My hubby tore his right knee ligaments the first of August and a week ago Friday had an ACL trimmed and a meniscus repair. The anesthesia created complications after we got home and so this week has been in and out of ER/primary care office visits. He's walking well though and that is a blessing.

Helen F. said...

Love those leaves and dies too, Kathy! Your card is fabulous and the ribbon adds a great texture this Autumn beauty!

Greta said...

Gorgeous leaves & love the burlap!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Kathy, your card is beautiful. Your friend will be thrilled to get it!
Thanks for your concern for me. I am in full-blown manufacture mode here.
But the good news is I am way ahead of where I usually am. I am going to take
inventory this year so I have a better idea of what I sell.
I'll post those numbers just for grins so you can see why I missed a couple
of challenges!!!
XOXOXO

eddyshaw9272711 said...

I’m impressed, I must say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s each educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you will have hit the nail on the head. Your thought is excellent; the problem is something that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I'm very completely satisfied that I stumbled across this in my search for one thing referring to this. online gambling