Saturday, November 3, 2018

PTI MIM #341: Painted Brushstroke Backgrounds

It's time once again for another Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink. Dawn McVey shows us a quick and easy way to paint beautiful brushstroke backgrounds. She used acrylic paints but since I only have white, I used a paintbrush with my PTI ink pads on Stamper's Select White card stock. Now I want to invest in the same colors Dawn used because they are stunning. Look at her beautiful cards! Can't wait to get my hands on those Brushed Birds when the stamps and dies are in stock at the same time. 



Since I'm pushing myself to get more Christmas cards made, I opted to use Pure Poppy and Pinefeather inks but with light brushstrokes. My foam brushes worked okay, but I can see where acrylic paint colors would be more vibrant. Anyway, it's getting late here so I'll wrap this up and share the two cards I made from my painted background. 








Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Pinefeather, Berry Sorbet, Ocean Tides and Holiday Plaid
Ink: Pure Poppy and Pinefeather
Stamps: None
Dies: Shaped Sayings: Merry Christmas, Jolly Holiday and Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets
Other: Silver Glitter Paper, White Acrylic Paint, Paintbrush and Nuvo Drops


1 comment:

Helen F. said...

These two cards are amazing and totally different, Kathy! Love the design on each one and you colored brushstroke background is so pretty!