Friday, February 1, 2019

PTI MIM #349: Negative Die Cut Backgrounds

Once again it's time to try this week's Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday. Ashley showed us how she created a background using negative die cuts. I was at a loss for which dies to use because I don't own any that she recommended. After skimming through the thumbnails, I see a variety of ways stampers interpreted this challenge. This is what I created to encourage an acquaintance while she endures a year of chemo treatments for her breast cancer (second time around). 







Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!

Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Berry Sorbet
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal and Berry Sorbet
Stamps: Graceful Greetings and Confetti Toss
Dies: Floral Flaps
Other: Wink of Stella, Ink Blending Tool and SU Dimensionals 

4 comments:

Vikki H said...

So pretty, Kathy! I forgot about that PTI die.

Jill S said...

This is really cute. So cheery!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Kathy and I just love the way you used the floral flap die...and it works perfectly with all the dots from the Confetti Toss too! Lovely, lovely card and will definitely bring a smile and encouragement to your friend!! :0)

Julia Aston said...

That's a beautiful die cut at the top of your card Kathy - and lovely colors used! I'm sure your friend will appreciate receiving such a pretty handmade card from you! Thanks for letting me know that I had won with my card!