Friday, January 19, 2018

PTI Create Along With Us Challenge: January 2018

Well, the Design Team at Papertrey Ink is off to a great start with its first 2018 Release and Create Along With Us Challenge. My guess is most of us make more birthday cards throughout the year than any other. Well, let me tell you, they came through with lots of birthday treats. My “I need” list is a really long one after seeing all their gorgeous and colorful creations. My milestone birthday card was inspired by a combination of Lizzie's and Michelle's. I’ll share images of theirs and then mine.

Lizzie's



Michelle's



Since I don't have any of the newer Brushed Off dies, I created my mask using two sizes from MFT Rectangle Dies and altered it a bit because it was too long. My Happy Birthday sentiment repeated across the rectangle is stamped using Soft Stone ink. Because I got some excess ink on the lower portion of the card base, I decided to use the edger die to remove it and added my Floral Sketches gray/white strip to the inside of my card. Only probably is they don't stand up so it was even more difficult to get a decent photo. 




Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Soft Stone, Floral Sketches Paper Pad and Silver Glittered (Joann)
Ink: Aqua Mist and VersaMark
Stamps: Swan'sational, Scene It: Celebration and Background Basics: Chevron Stripes
Dies: Birthday Style, Modern Numbers, To The Point Edgers and MFT Stitched Rectangles 
Other: White Embossing Powder, Silver Trim, Ink Blending Tool, Glue Dots and SU Dimensionals 

5 comments:

lainey said...

What a fun and festive looking card Kathy! I like how you used the edger at the bottom (I need to use mine more often!) and placed the pattern paper inside.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Katy! Love the pretty balloons and fancy edge! Great take on the challenge!

Marlena M. said...

I love the look of the edger die, Kathy. Wonderful work!

Helen F. said...

Balloons always add to the celebration! Your CASE is so fun and makes a GREAT birthday card, Kathy and I love your choice of stamps/dies, colors too :-)

Greta said...

I love your card, Kathy! The edger & printed paper are wonderful elements!