Thursday, January 25, 2018

PTI January 2018 Blog Hop

Why is it I know the 25th of the month is just 10 days after the release, but I'm rushing to beat the deadline tonight? I even had all kinds of ideas running through my head as soon as I saw the image posted. Check out Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop Challenge here. The festive birthday photo below is this month's inspirational piece. 



I had fun ink blending the colors on the balloons and "popping up" my numbers and sentiment for added dimension. Can you believe I'm actually using some of the paper from the BIG sale last year? Me either as I guess I've been saving it for the perfect opportunity, and this is it! Planning to check out later tonight what other participants created for this month's hop. 





Thanks for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments. 


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores and Black & White All Over
Ink: Lovely Lady, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, Autumn Rose, Amethyst Allure and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Birthday Style
Dies: Modern Numbers
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Eye Shadow Applicators, SU Dimensionals and Foam Tape

12 comments:

samantha's cards said...

Great card

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun card! Great take on the challenge!

Betty Wright said...

This is terrific! I just love this paper!

Vikki H said...

Nice design and lucky you to have nabbed that Black & White paper!

Greta said...

Love your festive card--great take on the inspiration! I've hardly used any of the paper I bought in that sale, but you've inspired me!

Julia Aston said...

Balloons are always so fun on a birthday card - love the colors you used on this and the striped strip on the side!

Cindy Beach said...

I love your ink blending and the colors you chose! Your card is a great take on the photo and your paper mimics the black accents perfectly. Festive and fun!

lainey said...

What a fun looking card! I like the colors you used and how you trimmed around the sentiment. I think I have that paper too....time to get it out and use it!

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS card Kathy...loving all the colorful balloons!! And FYI...I've been hoarding my paper too!! :0)

Skrater said...

I love this card! It is so colorful and I just love balloons, I can't get enough of them! I used some of my paper, too, finally. I tend to hoard mine and my resolution for 2018 is to use what I have - which will extend into 2019, 2020, 2021 hahaha~ Cheers!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful birthday card! Loving all these balloons!

Helen F. said...

LOVE the festive feel of those fun colored balloons, Kathy! Great card from the inspiration photo!