Saturday, March 17, 2018

PTI Create Along With Us: March 2018

Well, this week hit the middle of March and that means another Release for Papertrey Ink on the 15th. During this time, they invite us to use the DT designed cards to inspire us to create our own. There are so many gorgeous projects shared that it's a bit challenging to decide which one to use as inspiration. I narrowed it down to two different designers this time. This first card was inspired by Keeway showcasing Glorious Globes March and Shape Shifters Oval 1. Here's her card. 



This is my version. It's a two-fer as I not only completed the challenge, but I have a Christmas card in my stash for 2018. If you enlarge it, you can see the glittered snow using Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder. 





Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and Mint Julep
Ink: Blueberry Sky, VersaFine Onyx Black and VersaMark
Stamps: In The Meadow and Stylish Sentiments: Holiday
Dies: Mat Stack #6 and In The Meadow
Other: VersaMark Pen, Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder, Foam Tape, Paintbrush (splatters) and Make-Up Brush (ink blending)


My second card was a spin-off of Melissa Bickford's sharing a fun card using Penned Elegance and A Bit More: Butterfly Blooms using lots of bright colors as shown below. 



Rather than use a flower stamp like I use so often (because I don't have these beautiful butterflies…yet), I opted to use What The Doodle: Feathers in a similar design. It's fun to make one-layer cards occasionally, but they can be even more challenging than layering and using die-cuts. Here's mine. 






Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Ink: Lovely Lady, Melon Berry, Bright Buttercup, Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: What The Doodle: Feathers, Jolly Holiday (stars) and Penned Elegance
Dies: None
Other: None



6 comments:

lainey said...

What a fun card with the horse highlighted in the Mat Stack trudging through the snow. Your feathers card is so cheery with all those bright colors. Two cards - you've been busy!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Great cards Kathy. Awesome Christmas card but I really love your feather card. So pretty, so colorful!
Thank you for your kind supportive words. You are always SO encouraging. You are a special person!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Kathy, thank you so much for stopping by my blog to say hi and for your incredibly sweet note! I just wanted to say...WOW your cards are gorgeous! I looove your take on both cards, and I'm especially smitten with the colorful feathers!

Marlena M. said...

Both of your cards are wonderful adaptations of the DT cards Kathy! Double yay for the Christmas card to add to your stash :)

Greta said...

Very creative use of the inspiration, Kathy! The Christmas card is wonderful, but oh my goodness--I adore the one layer feathers card! I want to CASE that one!

Helen F. said...

LOve both of your cards, Kathy. The framed silhouette is a beautiful Christmas card and the pretty colored feathers tickle my fancy ;-)