Tuesday, March 20, 2018

PTI MIM #315: Embossing Enamel Splatters

This week Melissa Phillips is the hostess of Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday. Her current favorite technique is creating embossed enamel splatters. She, of course, used Embossing Enamel, but I don't have any and I'm leaving on vacation today. The challenge said we could use embossing powder to create our splatters and splotches so that's how I did mine. Just how to get splotches and splatters though got me thinking outside the box. I used VersaMark ink refill mixed with a tad bit of water to thin it out and attempted to splatter it on my ink-blended yardstick, sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set it. I like the results, but I'm sure it would be much easier with Embossing Enamel. My sentiment is embossed in the usual way.




A few score lines, a piece of twine and a layered butterfly finished off this get well card. All of a sudden I went from needing multiple birthday cards to needing cards of encouragement...but definitely better than sympathy. 



Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Bitty Dots and Clear Vellum
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal and VersaMark
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II (dots) and Keep It Simple: Get Well
Dies: To The Point Edgers and Life Is Beautiful 
Other: VersaMark Refill, Zing! Teal Embossing Powder, Glue Dots, Ink Blending Tools, Scoring Board and Twinery Twine

6 comments:

Sandy S. said...

It’s interesting how the older we get (speaking for myself....I don’t know how old you are!) the more we need get well and sympathy cards.

Your card is lovely, and I’m sure will be much appreciated. Good solution for your EP substitution.

Nancy Penir said...

Sweet! Your splatters are perfect!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Kathy! Love the fun splatters and beautiful butterfly! Great take on the challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

Your splatters came out perfect Kathy and I'm sure this beautiful card will lift someone's spirits when they receive it! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Kathy!
I don't have the product Melissa used either. I love the way you improvised and it turned out so well. Love your card with the pretty sparkle and butterfly.

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic card Kathy! Wonderful color scheme too~