Friday, March 9, 2018

PTI MIM #314: Color Wheel Cards

Let's just say this was one of my favorite lessons regarding the color wheel. Thanks to Lexi, she challenged us to create color wheel cards but not necessarily a rainbow. You can see the details here for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge. It's only Friday (have a funeral tomorrow and company arriving tomorrow night) but I actually created two very different cards using the color-wheel (ROYGBV) concept. Here we go. 





Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone and Black
Ink: Soft Stone, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, Amethyst Allure, New Leaf and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Bitty Bouquets, Garden Grace and Celebrations
Dies: MFT Stitched Rectangles, Bitty Bouquets, Noted: Scalloped A2 and Wonderful Words: Birthday
Other: Violet Zig Clean Color Real Brush and Ink Blending Tool


And the second card was a bit more challenging trying to get the floral images positioned along the cut edge of the card, but I like the results. 



Here you can see a little better what I mean about the cut edge and flowers adhered to overhang the opening. 



Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Ink: Lovely Lady, Autumn Rose, TH Spiced Marmalade, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Green Parakeet and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Floral Sketches, Painted Petals and Penned Elegance
Dies: Floral Sketches, Painted Petals and In The Meadows (hills)
Other: Black Watercolor (splatters), Paint Brush and SU Dimensionals

10 comments:

lainey said...

What a lovely arrangement of colors you made with the Bitty Bouquet flowers! That'll certainly make someone happy getting that card. And your second card is just as colorful and I love how you added the black splatters, it really adds interest to your card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Kathy! Love all the beautiful blossoms! Looks like spring has sprung in your craft room! Great take on the challenge!

Maureen said...

these are so lovely! They are making me feel the warmth of spring, even though it's still winter where I am!

Greta said...

Wow--you really nailed the challenge, Kathy! I especially love the first one & may have to case it!

Vikki H said...

Your cards are delightful! Your first bouquet is perfect. I'm going to try your first one as I have all the ingredients!

Helen F. said...

Two beautiful cards, Kathy! LOVE the colorful burst of florals on the first one and your perfectly placed blooms as a border on the second is perfect!

Joyce said...

These are both wonderful. I think the first is my favorite. I really love those Bitty Bouquets, and having them all lined up like that just put a giant smile on my face.

Marlena M. said...

Both of your cards are stellar! Gorgeous work~

Ivana Camdzic said...

Ok, these are BOTH spectacular! I love how different they are from one another! And both are so very colorful and full of life, that it makes me feel like Spring is all around!

Cindy Beach said...

I love your take on this challenge, Kathy! Both cards are beautiful, I love the way you added the die cut flowers to the edge of the card front. Great stamping!