Wednesday, April 25, 2018

PTI April 2018 Blog Hop

What a whirlwind of a month April was, and we're already to the 25th! Yes, it's time for another Blog Hop at Papertrey Ink. They came up with a beautiful inspiration photo of stacked teacups. 




Since I'm not a tea or coffee drinker, I don't own any "cup" stamps or dies so I used the color scheme and played off the floral design. Here's my take as well as my "lay flat" photography as Lexi shared with us on the Papertrey Blog. 




I edged the oval using a Gold Pen and Glitter Gelly Roll Pen. The leaves and flowers were colored using a Blender Pen and PTI inks or SU Markers to carry out the colors in the teacups. The Linen/Canvas layer was done by inking up the impression plate with Aqua Mist ink. To lighten it a bit, I also used a sponge and white pigment ink to lighten it a bit and add more streaks. Before adding my embossed sentiment, I popped up the oval using white foam. 


Off to help my DH buy and install a new entry door for our detached garage. We didn't have good luck at two Home Depots the last two days as their doors were so badly misaligned it wouldn't close. Off to check out Lowes. Hope you're seeing sunshine like we are today!





Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and Vellum
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Ripe Avocado, White Pigment and VersaMark
Stamps: Ways to Say: Birthday
Dies: Shape Shifters: Oval 1 and Linen/Canvas Impression Plate
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Corner Rounder, Gold Pen, Glitter Gelly Roll Pen, SU Blender Pen, SU Markers, Zigs, Sponge and White Foam

19 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

You've definitely captured the spirit of the inspiration photo in your design, Kathy! Beautiful!

Rosemary said...

so very pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

SOOOO pretty Kathy!! You simply can't go wrong with flowers and yours are just delightful all done up in the colors from the inspiration photo! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Nancy Penir said...

Ooooh, love the touches of gold! Beautiful!

Vikki H said...

Perfect background- wow! I love how you decorated that mix & mat die too! Terrific take on the inspiration photo!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Love those flowers. And, great job on the flat photography. I still haven't figured out how to avoid the overhead shadows.

lainey said...

Pretty card Kathy with all those bright colors and touches of gold. I'm also experimenting with Lexi's "lay flat" technique.

TLady said...

LOVELY JOB, Kathy! ;) You even included the background for your card! LOVE this die set! Hope you get that door fixed! ;) SUPER JOB on the challenge!!!

Carmela said...

Very pretty!! Love your design.

Julia Aston said...

What a great job coloring the florals of your die cut! Love tall the colors and touches of gold!

Helen F. said...

Beautifully done, Kathy ~ What a lovely card! Your interpretation of this month's photo is fabulous!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Fun idea to use the colors in the inspiration photo in the middle of this beautiful die cut. Love the touches of gold too.

Betty Wright said...

Great design! Love the inlay!

Cacia said...

The texture of your background is fantastic! It matches the inspiration image so well.

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

Skrater said...

What a beautiful card. SO many lovely details and great job using Lexi's lay flat photo tips. Very inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing!!

Ivana Camdzic said...

I just LOVE this card! The way you colored the little diecut bits and all the pretty details of that beautiful die remind me of fine china. Love your take on this challenge!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful work~love the touches of gold in the edges!

Greta said...

Oh I do love this card, Kathy! The shape shifter is going on my wishlist & I've gotta try inking my linen/canvas impression plate! Hope you got a door to work!