Friday, April 6, 2018

PTI MIM #317: Using Outline Images

It's a bright, sunny Friday afternoon here in the Pacific Northwest, and I've been spending a little time in my stamping room. Stephanie is the host for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge. She showed us how to use outline images as an accent. Stephanie makes it look so easy, but it was quite challenging for me as I don't have many outline stamps. At first I misunderstood the task and struggled, but ended up with three cards all in the same color palette. Without further ado, here's what I created. 

Card #1


Card #2


The first two cards above included Floral Sketches and Penned Elegance stamp sets. Card #2 was cut down with a strip of Hibiscus Burst card stock adhered to the top and bottom of the design. 


Card #3






Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Amethyst Allure and Stamper's Select White
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest and Amethyst Allure
Stamps: Color Pop: Florals, Sketched Shapes and Penned Elegance
Dies: None
Other: 1/4" Circle Punch and Orange Hemp Twine


12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

They all turned out great Kathy and I love your color combination!! Lovely, lovely cards!! 😊

Helen F. said...

Both of your cards for the MIM challenge are lovely with beautiful Springtime colors, Kathy! No need for a re-do here! :-)

Greta said...

Gorgeous day down here, too, but guess lots of rain is headed our way. You ended up with 2 lovely cards, Kathy! I agree it would have been a lot easier with the stamps used in the video! I still plan to try the technique again with some other stamps.

Marlena M. said...

What wonderful cards Kathy! I really like the use of the arrows~

Cindy Beach said...

Great cards, Kathy. I love the third one best! The arrows are a bit unexpected but so fun.

lainey said...

And now you have 3 more fabulous and colorful cards for your inventory! The Penned Elegance sentiments are perfect for your card fronts.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your color combo...very pretty cards!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh wow! These are so pretty and artsy! Love your colors too!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Oh, Kathy! These are all 3 SO beautiful! You achieved the technique perfectly.
We both used Penned Elegance and Floral Sketches...You know what they say
About great minds!!! 😍

Nancy Penir said...

Wow! Loved seeing how you went with all 3 beauties. Your stamps worked their magic with this technique. All lovely!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Kathy, I love these cards!! Adore the beautiful colors and the design of each one! p.s. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the super sweet comment :) Sending you many hugs!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy, these are all so beautiful! Love the different designs!