Friday, April 13, 2018

PTI MIM #318: Simple Stitched Stems

After a trip to the craft store and some contemplating which floral stamps to use, I completed a card for this week's Make It Monday Challenge for Papertrey Ink. You can see all the details here where Michelle Leone, in her very first Make It Monday video, shows us how to add simple stitching to our cards for something different. A seamstress I'm not but I could tackle this hand stitching just fine. Without further ado, here's my card. 






Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Scarlet Jewel and New Leaf
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Aqua Mist and New Leaf
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II and Keep It Simple: Sympathy
Dies: MFT Stitched Rectangles, Mix & Mat: Postal, Tag Sale: Quilted and Fancy Foliage Details
Other: Green Craft Cord, SU Mat Pack, Needle, SU Dimensionals and Glossy Accents

7 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very sweet card!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...what a sweet little card Kathy! Your stitching really makes this card special and love how you've framed your trio of lovely flowers!! Beautiful card!! :0)

lainey said...

What a nice, simple sympathy card with soothing colors. I see you figured out how to use the Fancy Foliage dies, I was going to use them but came up blank. Yes, I really miss my cross-stitch days! I'm not sure if my eyes would be able to handle it though. lol

Marlena M. said...

This is so sweet Kathy! Love the line of stitched florals~

Michelle said...

A beautiful color combination, pretty stitching and perfectly framed florals...... lovely in every way!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--we used the same die for our leaves! Great minds think alike--haha! Love the stamp you used for the blossoms--beautiful card, Kathy!

Kathryn A said...

This is a beautiful card, Kathy! Your stitching is great! Love the simple flowers and colours (it's so nice to see Scarlet Jewel as a base)--perfect for this sympathy card.