Sunday, April 1, 2018

PTI MIM #316: Stenciled Edges

Guess what day it is today? It's not only April Fool's Day but also Easter Sunday. Yes, it's Sunday night and I'm hurrying to enter my card for this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday hosted by Lizzie Jones. She challenged us to add stenciling to our card edges to draw one's eye to the focal image. I love the results. My DH's aunt of 94 years young passed last week, and her service is tomorrow. Hence, the reason for the sympathy card. I'm hoping to get several more made tonight as they had nine children, and only one preceded her in death. On with my card. 





I've yet to catch up on blog commenting since our whirlwind trip to NYC. We were up at 5 or 6 every morning and didn't return to our hotel rooms until 11 pm. Needless to say, we crashed after logging over 21 miles, 48,450 steps and 55 flights of stairs in four days (according to my iPhone Health App).  We also took the Subways, a Ferry and a bus from Newark Airport to Times Square and another bus to JFK for our flights home. Due to the last Nor'Easter, our trip had to be rescheduled but it was definitely worth it. We had a fabulous trip with an awesome tour guide...so great in fact I'm having difficulty naming a favorite sight!


Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Ink: Pale Peony, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Green Parakeet and New Leaf
Stamps: Tulip Time and Penned Elegance
Dies: Tulip Time
Other: Diamond Stencil, Ink Blending Tool, Twine, Adhesive Gems and Foam Tape

8 comments:

Vikki H said...

What a beautiful heartfelt design for your family. The stenciling really adds to those lovely tulips!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Beautiful card Kathy. So sorry for your loss.
I LOVE NYC as well. My husband worked there for 10 years.
I LOVED to visit. Such energy. So much to see and do!
Glad you had a good time. Yes, you get lots of exercise.
So you can eat all the good food...especially the pizza!!!

lainey said...

What a pretty card Kathy with those soft colored tulips! I have Penned Elegance on my wishlist - such a nice font and size for card fronts. It sounds like you need another vacation after your last trip!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Wow, Kathy! This card is beautiful! The stenciling really does add that little special something and makes your floral centerpiece shine! SO glad to hear you had a wonderful time in NYC...We LOVED the big apple when we visited too! We walked nearly 12 miles each day of our trip - and even when we couldn't walk anymore, we just pushed on! SO much to see and do!

Luvpurple said...

Kathy, I love your card. Tulip Time sure makes a lovely card. Your link tulips are gorgeous.

Luvpurple said...

Kathy, I love your card. Tulip Time sure makes a lovely card. Your link tulips are gorgeous.

Greta said...

Gorgeous colors for those tulips--lovely card!

Cindy Beach said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! I'm glad for you. Now the catch up, right? And you had time to make this thoughtful card. So gorgeous in pinks and green. I keep seeing that diamond stencil, may just have to get it! Lovely card, Kathy.