Monday, July 25, 2016

SAF 2016: Master Color Recipes

Talk about beauty in art. The Masters at Papertrey Ink came up with some fabulous artistic masterpieces by famous painters. This challenge is the official kick-off from Papertrey Ink's Stamp-A-Faire 2016. We were to choose our favorite color scheme and roll with it.  I selected the bright and bold "Date In The Park" by Leonid Afremov, which represents the color palette below.


Leonid-Afremov-card


Here's my "masterpiece," which I knew before starting I was definitely not a painter or close to it…but I had to try this. 



Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores and True Black
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Canyon Clay, Tropical Teal, New Leaf, Summer Sunrise and VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Through The Trees and What The Doodle: Feathers
Dies: Cloud #1
Other: Canson Mixed Media Paper, Paintbrush, Vellum, White Crochet Thread, Clear Embossing Powder and SU Dimensionals



1 comment:

Greta said...

I do love that painting & you've inspired me with your card!