Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Papertrey Ink 11th Anniversary- Day 8 (Color Challenge)

The 8th day of Papertrey Ink's 11th Anniversary festivities is all about Color Combinations based on the Design Team's posted projects. Our challenge is to choose one of the color palette recipes provided on their blog post here. This is the “recipe” I chose, inspired by Laurie Schmidlin. 



One of the Bold Blossoms Watercolor Sheets and my Zig Brushes needed some love. Hence, another birthday card was born. For those colors that didn’t quite match up with my Zigs, I used ink pads swiped on an acrylic block, misted and then painted with a brush. The sentiment was stacked three deep, and then I coated it with Glossy Accents to make it shine. This is it.






Thank you for stopping by, and I really do appreciate your comments!


Supplies: (all PTI unless noted)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Black, and Bold Blossoms Watercolor Sheet
Ink: Amethyst Allure, Harvest Gold and Hawaiian Shores
Stamps: None
Dies: Big Basics: Wish Big
Other: Zig Clean Color Real Brushes (Light Green, Geranium Red and Orange), Glossy Accents and Black Gems


1 comment:

Greta said...

I picked the same combo, but we made totally different cards! Never thought of using any flowers, but wow--your card is wonderful, Kathy! Love the design!